Senior UX Designer
Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
Senior UX Designer
Who are TalkTalk?
TalkTalk are the UK’s leading value for money connectivity provider. We believe that simple, affordable, reliable and fair fibre should be available to everyone.
We’re passionate about creating services that enable anyone in the UK to access affordable and reliable internet in an effortless way. This role is key to creating innovative and user centred experiences that create a positive impact.
In this role you’ll collaborate with colleagues from across the business to design and build frictionless experiences. You’ll work with the wider CX Design team, Product Owners, Front-end developers, Analysts to embed the UX process and ensure all products and services are customer-led and data driven.
You’ll be expected to lead projects, identify innovative solutions, measure results and manage and mentor designers.
Working as part of the wider Marketing team, you’ll be surrounded by innovative and creative thinkers and great leadership.
- You’ll have lots of experience in solving complex customer problems and hitting business metrics. You’ll be curious and challenge the team’s understanding of the problem to design the right solutions.
- You can identify opportunities to improve the user experience and contribute to the team roadmap
- You are able to synthesise data and insights to make decisions that are customer-led and data-driven. If needed, you can lead qual and quant research.
- Monitor and measure customer struggle and remove friction from online journeys.
- Seek opportunities to innovate and challenge they way things are done to constantly make things better for users.
- You can design interfaces that are functional and beautiful and you’re experienced in creating prototypes and support others in creating them too.
- You’ll make sure the handover into development process is as efficient as possible and what is designed is developed
- Manage, coach and mentor the mid-weights and juniors in the team, help them to develop and make sure UX best practice is included in design work
- Communicate well with leaders from across the business to influence their thinking and decisions
To be successful in the role
- Significant design experience and a passion for your craft.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work at pace in a rapidly changing environment and be confident in your design decisions.
- Be comfortable working with a broad range of stakeholders to shape complex projects and suggest the right methodology for the right problem.
- A strong understanding of Design thinking, Accessibility, Research and Design Systems and why they’re important to communicate the importance to stakeholders and get buy-in.
- Can facilitate workshops at senior levels and help others to run workshops.
What can we offer you?
- Free TalkTalk broadband for all employees!
- Electric car charging points available at our HQ.
- Heavily subsidised meals in the TalkTalk HQ Soapworks office in Salford.
- Access to the Perks at Work platform which gives you hundreds of discounts on high street brands.
- Flexible dynamic working is part of who we are at TalkTalk so please talk to us about how you like to work.
What to do next?
If this Senior UX Designer role sounds like it could be for you, please apply and we will be in touch soon!
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.