Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
This role supports the business by providing readily accessible, accurate and relevant information upon which decisions can be taken with confidence. Its aim is to source all pertinent datasets and enrich the data, making it available to end consumers of data and to enable reporting and analytics outputs can be produced in accordance with the diverse needs of the business, making it easy to access and consume data.
- Works collaboratively across the Data Services team to deliver reporting & data projects whilst taking a proactive approach to predicating the data needs of the business.
- Works with team members and the Data Services Manager to enhance and develop best practice within the team.
- Presents development project overviews to the team and other interested parties, providing both business insights and technical views as to how deliveries have been planned and issues overcome.
- Understands the systems and data used across TalkTalk including its products and processes to enable data enrichment and quality.
- Communicates, engages, and collaborates with a variety of stakeholders from senior management down to adjacent teams to understand key business questions & initiatives so that appropriate reports and analysis can be created to effectively monitor & understand business performance.
- Ensures the governance, security and quality of data is adhered to, following team specific and overall business data control & security policies.
- Develops repeatable, efficient, automated, self-serve reporting outputs using supported technologies, adhering to agreed best practice and principles ensuring end user experience is slick easy to navigate.
- Ensures all code is annotated and easy to follow by other team members.
- Pro-actively perform audits on data, reports, queries, and tables to identify weaknesses in data integrity or reliability. Troubleshoots issues identified in outputs or processing.
- Assists Report Engineering Support function with ad-hoc data queries and big fixes.
- Leverage’s experience of SQL, SSIS, Power BI, SSRS, AZURE data tooling to build end to end “hands off” solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft reporting & data tools (preferably SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Azure data tooling, Power BI).
- Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries.
- Familiarity with complex data and structures.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills to support working in project environments that includes internal and external teams.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- ETL scripting experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Experience of developing end to end automated reporting solutions.
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.