IP Core Network Engineer
Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
As an IP Core Network Engineer, you will be designing, engineering and operationally supporting TalkTalk’s core network. This role consists of operational activities, including being involved in incidents and working these to resolution, and also project activities, building, expanding and improving the capability of the core network.
You will also be involved in cross-department activities, identifying areas for improvement, building code or configuration and advising others on methods to achieve objectives. You will be developing and deploying automation to increase reliability and efficiency, identifying and fixing issues proactively, with minimal impact to operations
You will also be involved in planning and installing equipment where required, working with field and data centre teams to ensure work is completed as efficiently as possible.
The Core Network Engineering Team plays a key role in designing, testing, building and supporting TalkTalk’s core network. This high-performance converged network is essential to deliver services for all customers across the UK, using cutting edge technology to deliver the best service for our customers.
This is a high performing and dynamic team, with varied work patterns which includes travel, nights and remote work with team members supporting and sharing knowledge regularly, keeping everyone up to date with emerging technologies and methods to ensure we continue to maintain a market leading position.
Some of the key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Designing, engineering, testing and operationally supporting TalkTalk’s Core Network
2. Providing support to the TalkTalk NOC and Operations team.
3. Undertake a variety of tasks associated with the Enterprise, Access, Edge, Core and legacy networks.
4. Ensure the correct level of documentation is created, reviewed and maintained.
5. Develop and implement best practice for new works and operational processes and procedures.
6. Developing, enhancing, and interrogating data to identify opportunities and enhancements available
7. Developing scripting and automation capabilities to increase the reliability and performance of the network
8. Out of hours and on call duties will be required as determined by the needs of the business.
To be successful in this role you will need the following in your skill set:
1. CCNP or JNCIP accreditation.
2. Significant L2/L3 Routing & Switching experience.
3. Programming and scripting capabilities.
4. 3 years’ experience of a Telco environment.
Be great to also have:
1. Full understanding of ISP Security standards.
2. Security Cleared to a minimum of SC.
3. Network and systems installation experience.
4. Python3 and on-router development and significant network automation development and deployment experience.
5. Project Management experience.
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.