Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
The provisioning of data from TalkTalk’s Enterprise Data Platform is an enabler for effective decision making within the organisation. The Data Engineer role is key to this through designing and building the ETL processes and data models which surface the data to our stakeholders.
The Data Engineering team is positioned in the Delivery business unit of the IT function within the Data & Automation department sitting alongside the Report Engineering, Data Governance, Data Migrations and Automation teams.
Data Engineering is a perfect blend of Data Engineers and QA Engineers that are renowned for their forward thinking and trail blazing. Exceptionally talented, supportive and personable, it’s an area that’s challenging, provides excellent growth opportunities and rewarding.
Some of the key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Proven experience within a data warehouse focused role
2. Design and document flexible and practical data warehouse models to recommended industry standards
3. Strong experience with data analysis, data modelling (Kimball) and governance, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
4. Experience in Agile delivery and DevOps ways of working
5. Work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders to define, document and analyse reporting and analytical requirements
6. Conscientious approach to documenting solutions and sharing attitude
To be successful in this role you will need the following in your skill set:
1. Azure Data Platform design and development experience like Azure storage, Azure SQL, SQL DWH, Data Lake, Data Factory, Logic Apps, Function Apps and Databricks
2. Knowledge of languages like Python, PowerShell
2. Understanding and experience of deploying Infrastructure as code
3. Good appreciation of the modern software development lifecycle, CI/CD
4. Experience of using version control software like Git
Be great to also have:
1. Telco Experience
2. Analysis Services, Machine Learning, Power BI
3. Experience of high volumes of data
4. Data Architecture
5. Understanding of Data Science Lifecycle
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.