Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
As a Commercial Manager you will play a crucial role in driving the Direct B2B business forwards, ensuring we’re making the right pricing decisions to ensure we’re profitable and we’re competitive in the market, all whist ensuring our customers remain at the heart of everything we do. You will own our small business pricing strategy, defining our RRP and guide and inform our promotional pricing activity, supporting product and proposition launches, whilst helping report on trading performance to recommend future pricing strategy. The role will be key to influencing senior stakeholders to optimise our trading strategy.
FULL TIME PERMANENT SALFORD
Senior Commercial Anayst
Financially astute Influencer Analytical Adaptable the Commercial Team is at the heart of the business, with key stakeholders right across Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance. We ensure everything we do is profitable with cost consideration being a key factor. We ensure we’re market relevant both in terms of price and capability by driving other areas to develop what our customers want. TalkTalk Classification: Private To support and drive TTB Directs growth ambitions, supporting the creation of competitive propositions across the full product portfolio and write deals that underpin the long-term plan. This will incorporate the analysis of commercial implications, our competitors and market trends. The role will be key in the analysis of current trading conditions to drive performance and recommend future initiatives. You will work cross-departmental and will be a trusted advisor to business leaders. Critically, you will be responsible for taking the lead on product cost and profitability, as well as being a key player in securing incremental revenues, through partnering with the Sales and Operational teams.
How will I add value in this role?
Pricing and Trading:
• Own the small business pricing strategy from formulation, senior approval, through to execution
• Review and analyse competitor pricing and promotions to optimise TTB Direct market activity and fully understand market trends
• Be a key player in Go To Market activities; support new products, proposition and promotional activities across our product range and segments
• Support in our price rise activities
• Analyse trading results and make future recommendations and influence senior stakeholders, across Ops, Finance and Commercial
• Product elasticity testing and key KPI analysis; recommending reports builds and options for trading repair
• Start to understand our customers and their needs from first contact, through to in-life, supporting our base management cadence
• Develop, approve and maintenance of standard tariffs and product pricing
Governance and Sales support:
• Understand TTBs product portfolio and associated commercials and segments • Commercial analysis including product profitability and bespoke deals
• Review deal sign-off in-line with DOAG
• Develop rapport and trust with Sales
• Support with sales Business Partnering; Product and Commercial education, identify efficiencies through process improvement and help shape capex requirements
• Key billing stakeholder
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.