UX Researcher - Mid Weight
Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
UX Researcher - Mid Weight
Who are TalkTalk?
TalkTalk are the UK’s leading value for money connectivity provider. We believe that simple, affordable, reliable and fair fibre should be available to everyone.
We’re looking for a bright, talented Mid-weight UX Researcher who is passionate about market insights, customer experience and doing world-class research for one of the UK’s biggest brands.
You’ll run end-to-end UX research projects at TalkTalk within a diverse and dynamic design team. You will deliver high-quality studies that help grow the business by assuring the quality of our user experience. It’s a role that will have demonstrable impact on improving peoples’ expanding digital needs and will be critical in enabling customer-driven innovation in service and product design.
It’s an exciting and varied role. This means at any one time you might be running fieldwork, planning future studies and helping business partners identify which kind of research is best suited to their needs. You’ll be pivotal in driving the quality of UX research at TalkTalk too, by example.
You’ll be integral to developing the research team too. Reporting to the Senior UX Researcher, you’ll be a hands-on practitioner, who delivers insightful outcomes at pace with a principled human-centred design approach. You will also help directly in growing the practice by showcasing skills and research capability, helping drive operational excellence and actively building business awareness and adoption of UX research. The role will be well supported through our career development framework and training activities.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with Designers, Product Owners and Analysts to plan for high-impact research to help us understand our customers and their needs
- Leading and supporting on research studies including interviews, concept testing, usability testing, and information architecture.
- Mentoring and educating a diversity of stakeholders on research
- Helping increase research adoption, quality and democratisation
- Keeping abreast of research trends and developments
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions in a way that lands.
We are looking for someone with:
- Solid knowledge of UX research
- Practical experience of a range of research methods such as usability testing, diary studies, card sorting, tree testing, guerrilla testing, and field interviews
- Highly collaborative approach to working with external teams
- Proficiency in writing timely, high-quality reports
- Consulting skills in recommending relevant research methods to answer business questions
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, agile development environment
- Talent for identifying research opportunities
It’s great, but not a deal breaker, if you also have:
- Experience in telecoms or other retail services
- Experience working on a consumer-facing digital products and services
What can we offer you?
- Free TalkTalk broadband for all employees!
- Electric car charging points available at our HQ.
- Heavily subsidised meals in the TalkTalk HQ Soapworks office in Salford.
- Access to the Perks at Work platform which gives you hundreds of discounts on high street brands.
- Flexible dynamic working is part of who we are at TalkTalk so please talk to us about how you like to work.
What to do next?
If this UX Researcher role sounds like it could be for you, please apply and we will be in touch soon!
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.