Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
Hiring and retaining the best quality, diverse talent is a key enabler of TalkTalk’s future success and as a Talent Sourcer, you will play a major part in this important process. The role will require you to proactively find the best talent out there for a variety of live vacancies.
Working closely with a Talent Acquisition Business Partner and focussing on a particular business unit, you will be instrumental in ensuring that we are consistently providing candidate shortlists of exceptional quality to our stakeholders.
In addition, you will be heavily involved in the candidate journey including ensuring that all new starters have a smooth and memorable onboarding experience.
As part of the wider Talent function, the Talent Acquisition team has the responsibility of attracting, engaging, selecting, and onboarding the very best diverse talent required to support TalkTalk’s ambitious growth plans. We operate a direct hiring model with no reliance on external agencies, which requires us to be innovative in the strategies we use to achieve this aim.
Underpinning the success of the function is the continual evolution and implementation of the employer brand strategy, improving diversity metrics in the recruitment process and making sure that we have the best and most efficient systems and processes in place.
This role is accountable for ensuring TalkTalk are continuously finding and hiring the best quality, diverse talent in the marketplace.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Interact with potential candidates on social media and professional networks
- Craft and send enticing and informative approaches to passive candidates
- Coordinate with your Talent Acquisition Business Partner (TA BP) to understand hiring manager requirements
- Identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search)
- Sift through applications on our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to present both longlists and shortlists to your TA BP
- Make qualifying calls to candidates to understand their salary requirements, notice period and motivation for moving
- Liaise with Hiring Managers, HR and the TA BP to ensure that interviews are arranged in a timely fashion
- Develop talent pipelines for future hiring needs
- Measure conversion rates, including numbers of passive candidates who turn into applicants, get invited to interviews, get offers and get hired
- Ask for referrals from current employees and external networks
- Promote our employer brand online and offline
- Maintain candidate databases (e.g. via our ATS)
- Communicate with past applicants regarding new job opportunities
- Work with People Services to ensure that new employees go through the relevant background checks
- Arrange for IT equipment to be ordered for all new starters.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills/attributes:
- A desire and ability to learn quickly
- An interest in the various roles that drive a corporate organisation forward
- Find enjoyment in being involved in people’s career journeys on a daily basis
- Great organisational and time management skills
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.