Principal Security Engineer
Location: London, EC2A 1AH (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
You will act as Virtual1’s technical SME for all aspects of Security and SD WAN.
You will need to determine best practice for build standards of customers solutions across the security and SD WAN portfolio and maximise automation potential of standard build templates across the portfolio, ensuring efficiency of build process.
- You will assist Pre sales with the development of high and low level design documentation standards
- You will Structure ‘’acceptance to operations’’ documentation criteria of handover from pre sales of high and low level design enabling build
- Work with the product team/manager on development of new technical process to enable build / support of new features or services
- Model the build effort across different solution types and factor in resource required to deploy at scale, professional services structure model.
- Work with Security / SD WAN product manager to ensure commercial model for effort vs cost stacks up
- Develop proof of concept & post build testing criteria for handover in to live service & support
- Support Virtual1 staff that are training on NSE4/5/7/SDWAN with expediting skills and business readiness, support internal teams as security principal
- Technical coach and mentor to internal departments on security and SDWAN betterment
- Accountable for the successful technical deployment of security solution delivery, utilising resource in the build (EI) teams and being hands on where required
- Technical escalation point for in life support queries, support the NOC teams with complex troubleshooting, utilising vendor contacts where appropriate
- Set the software/firmware versions that the Fortinet/Juniper estate should run to and ensure compliance with any critical releases, engage support HoD on upgrade planning & execution process.
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with vendor tech peers (Fortinet and Juniper), ensure one step ahead of developments and anything impacting service
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.