Head of Wholesale Products
Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
Wholesale customers. We want to grow faster still, and that’s why we need the skills of a talented person to lead this area for us.
You will be looking for a career defining opportunity, to be there at the right time as the industry pivots to a full fibre / all-IP future. You won’t be afraid to push boundaries, and you will above all things deliver as part of a team that has the best interests of TalkTalk Wholesale Services and its customers at heart.
This is not just a “BAU” role. This role is all about delivering change, strongly leading your portfolio within the Group Product Management team, and continually delighting our customers. We are creating a world class product management function and are looking for a star to be instrumental in making it all happen for TalkTalk Wholesale Services.
This role is accountable for delivering product strategy and execution plans for the TalkTalk Wholesale Services product portfolio. You will be a thought-leader, advising, guiding and engaging with a broad set of stakeholders, including the Wholesale Leadership team members, Operations, Sales and Commercial functions, as well as key End-Customers / Partners.
TalkTalk Wholesale Services is the growth engine of TalkTalk Group. The Wholesale team work with a highly engaged base of over 800 Partners who support B2B and B2C customers. It is our mission to deliver great value connectivity to support every business ambition. Fibre-first and future ready, we simplify the complex fibre landscape through our reliable, wide-reaching network. We’re committed to being easy to do business with, building long lasting partnerships with industry leading service delivery. We are proud of our deep heritage of innovation, powered by our Wholesale Service Platform. Underpinned by our people & expertise, we share our partners ambitions – to grow together.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Leading, inspiring and transforming the Wholesale product portfolio.
- Develop the Wholesale product strategy further, ensuring its execution in an ambitious roadmap that aligns with the exciting business plan: TalkTalk “One Plan”.
- Interfacing to Group product teams to ensure the requirements of your channel are delivered as per the strategy / roadmap.
- Proactively engaging with Wholesale leadership, sales & marketing, operations and commercial functions to align on propositions, go-to-market planning, launching with impact, updates and improvements.
- Being the voice of the customer, ensuring that customer experience is hard-coded into all products, from inception through to in-market execution.
- Absorb insight from all sources (sales, CSAT, customers, trading, research, analysts) and correlate into clear driving factors for change.
- Focussing on and articulating clearly TalkTalk and more importantly, customer (financial and experiential) outcomes that we can create, thinking and talking in their terms.
- On a product and portfolio basis create a set of options that demonstrate the extremes of what is possible.
- Create a commercially prioritised set of deliverables and input to development build/buy/partner options.
- Take prioritised ideas through to being resourced, funded, & bought into by key stakeholders using conventional, creative, & informal routes.
- Bring other people with us by seeking their input, gaining consensus, and then spreading the word. Keep stakeholders informed and engaged, and contributing where needed.
- Identify the critical path, ensuring that change is delivered directly and with shared resources, and that the outcome is the best it possibly can be including on time and on budget.
- Fully own and manage the products - including customer journeys, in life changes, lifecycle management, and regulatory changes.
- ‘You get what you measure’ – lay-out key KPIs in advance, and work with the broader business to ensure they are met or exceeded, and remediation or over-performance plans are rapidly developed and implemented.
- Work with senior leadership and HR to ensure that team members can develop their experience, expertise and career.
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.