Commercial Finance Manager
Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT (Hybrid working)
Contract Type: Full Time
Our IT Operations are key to the successful delivery of PX products and form an integral part of our business model. This is an exciting opportunity to heavily contribute towards the growth of this business area, by delivering an understanding of the operational risk and cost implications of operational and strategic decisions across our IT estate. This is a crucial role that is key to enabling the delivery of the strategic plan.
The finance team has been on a transformational journey from a transactional to a high value adding function. As Finance Manager – IT Operations, you will play a key role in the transformation.
As a true business partner, your role will comprise the following key elements.
- Providing governance and input to bid management processes
- Input to pricing frameworks and major deals
- Informing key strategic decisions with bespoke analysis
- Provide visibility of cross division impact of TalkTalk Technology’s activity
- Further embed the team as trusted advisors to TalkTalk Technology leadership
This is a high profile, highly visible management role that has accountability for financial, analytical and operational support to the IT operations and Transformation teams. In essence you will facilitate the timely, high quality and professional financial analysis of key operational and strategic decisions, whilst bringing your own unique and highly valuable contribution to both strategic and tactical matters therein. Reporting to the Finance Director - Technology and Network, you will be a key contributor and active member of the Technology Finance team.
A well-respected and highly credible manager, you will take ownership of the operational and transformational agenda in your area and be the “go to” in-house manager for financial analysis, advice and direction for our IT estate.
- Optimise the financial performance of the current infrastructure
- Supporting IT Transformation programmes and continuous improvement
- Review inefficiencies & provide recommendations
- Support the commercial delivery of projects
- Analysis and management of cost of failure
- Lead the financial review and challenge for all impacts on the TalkTalk IT estate
- Clearly articulate and communicate the cost impact of changes to the estate
- Provide business insight into the effect the IT Infrastructure has on Product costing and profitability
- Lead the financial quantification of commercial and operational opportunities and assist in the development of strategic business cases, to understand payback, EBITDA and NPV impact
- Define management information requirements to support the leadership team in understanding performance and to track the impact of business change
- Manage the production of full year and rolling 24 – 26 month opex and capex forecasts for IT spend, highlighting risks and opportunities and providing recommendations for mitigating actions
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, robust financial management information and safeguarding of Technology assets
- The Finance Manager – IT Operations plays a key role as business partner supporting
- Experience of working with a network of individuals across a large organisation.
- Strong management skills, someone who is strategic but operationally savvy and not afraid to take decisions, challenge at senior level, and reshape the organisation and the current way of doing things.
- Strong, confident and with good communication skills being capable of building strong relations with senior stakeholders across the Group.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Full accounting qualification – CIMA: ICAEW, ACCA or similar.
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
It's a great working environment and everyone's really friendly and everyone is able to speak to anyone.Richard Lead Network Architect
If you want to work in a fast-moving exciting organization where you can really influence the future for our customers, TalkTalk is the place to be.Jon Lead Business Analyst
It's a great culture here, with lots of cross-functional projects to work on. TalkTalk is also a truly flexible employer!Chris Senior Finance Manager - Technology
We give people a chance to do something in ever done before and you can really be yourself here and you'll be appreciated as a member of the team.Mike Senior Data Engineer
I get to strike a work-life balance. So that's really, you know, great and and useful.Nivedita Business Analyst
I'm really lucky to be around so many people who are incredibly capable. It's just a really good place to work.Dean Senior Business Analyst
There's always something new going on with challenges to keep you interested!Paul Optical Team - Networks
As a People Leader in the business, it's a fantastic place to work! There's a real emphasis on reward and recognition at TalkTalk.Donna Head of Contract Assurance, Core Finance
We want you to feel good at work — and not just because you’re doing great things for our customers. We run lots of wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
We offer all of our people free TalkTalk Fibre, TV and Phone (you’ll be helping us make them what they are, so it’s only fair that you get to enjoy them).
We all lead different lives and like to work differently, so whether it's working from home or starting and finishing your day later, we’ll give you the flexibility you need to do your best work.
Think company pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance, plus all sorts of other benefits designed to make your life easier.
Commercial Finance Manager
Location: Salford Quays, M5 3TT
Contract Type: Full Time