TalkTalk brings unbeatable value to superfast broadband
Superfast Fibre Optic Broadband is just £15 extra a month for up to 80Meg speeds
TalkTalk has taken a major step forward in helping the UK achieve its goal of having Europe's best superfast broadband with the launch of its new great value Fibre Optic Broadband.
Following the launch of its 40Meg Fibre Optic Broadband last year, TalkTalk is doubling the maximum speed available to its customers from 40Meg to 80Meg – and up to 20Meg upload speeds – for just an extra £15 per month.
The superfast access is designed to answer the call for higher bandwidth services, giving customers a reliable speedy connection suited to watching live television over the internet and downloading movies.
The faster speed will also improve online gaming experiences which require quick response times and allow the whole family to be online at the same time on different devices without slowing the connection down.
Customers can leap to the front of the queue and pre-register for Superfast Fibre Optic Broadband from today, with the full service available in early April. TalkTalk will arrange a visit from an engineer to install the service.
TalkTalk is continuing to roll out its Fibre Optic coverage to more homes across the UK. Customers wishing to see whether Superfast Fibre Optic Broadband is available in their area should visit www.talktalk.co.uk/fibre and enter their postcode and phone number.
Tristia Clarke, Commercial Director at TalkTalk, said: "Demand is continuing to increase for superfast broadband as more customers use their internet connections to watch live television, stream HD content, talk to their friends and family or play games that require real time responses.
We expect our new Superfast Fibre Optic Broadband to be very popular as it will allow the whole family to enjoy seamless connectivity and high upload and download speeds for unbeatable value".
Those wishing to register for Superfast Fibre Optic Broadband should visit www.talktalk.co.uk/fibre
For more information please contact:
Telephone: 020 3417 1867
- TalkTalk now has over 4.1 million broadband and phone customers signed up to TalkTalk and AOL Broadband.
- TalkTalk operates a fully unbundled network, which extends to over 2,000 exchanges and covers over 85% of our customers.
- In uSwitch's Customer Satisfaction Report 2010, TalkTalk was voted the best value for money home phone provider. And in Top10.com's Broadband Awards 2010, TalkTalk Essentials was voted the best home broadband. TalkTalk also picked up Top10.com's best broadband and home phone award.
- TalkTalk's site (www.talktalk.co.uk) is the online hub for customers to manage their account, use their webmail, resolve their problems and access a range of information and entertainment content. The site is used by nearly three million users every month.
- TalkTalk is one of seven partners behind YouView (www.youview.com), the new internet-connected TV service, along with the BBC, ITV, BT, Channel 4, Arqiva and Five. YouView is expected to launch to UK homes in 2012.
- Follow TalkTalk on Twitter and on our blog: @TalkTalkTips and www.talktalkblog.co.uk.
Back to Press release